Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A new Highlander film is being developed. It won't be a sequel, though. It'll be a full reboot of the franchise. Considering how awful all the sequels were (proving that "there can only be one!" is true), a reboot isn't a bad idea. The film will be written by Art Marcum and Matt Holloway, most recently the co-writers of Iron Man.

Despite the recent Flash Gordon television series being a failure, producer Neal H. Moritz (Tru Calling, I Am Legend) and director Breck Eisner (Sahara) are developing a feature film based on Alex Raymond's creation (thankfully, it won't be based on the canceled television series). I say do it as a straight up retro space opera.

Is anyone else disappointed that Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles was renewed for a second season? I gave the show a second chance, but just couldn't get past how much it trashes the legacy of writer/director James Cameron and actress Linda Hamilton. Even the presence of Summer Glau wasn't enough to make it worthwhile for me.

In related news, Christian Bale was reportedly so pleased with the script for the currently in production Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins that he signed on to do two more films in the franchise. It's scheduled to be released on May 22, 2009. I'll see it just because Bale is playing John Connor, but the presence of McG (Charlie's Angels) as director has me concerned. McG is also an executive producer of television shows like Supernatural and Chuck, so sometimes he does know a good thing when he sees it. I'm just not sold on him as a director of good things (minus Chuck's pilot).

I finished re-watching Firefly last night. It's still brilliant and I still miss it. I'll watch Serenity tonight. Then my next project will be to re-watch the first three Indiana Jones films before I see the new one.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home