Friday, April 18, 2008

Review: Battlestar Galactica, Episode 4.3, "The Ties That Bind"

It should just be assumed by now that I love any episode of this show. Love, love, love. This episode is no exception. Former Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager staff writer Michael Taylor serves up a nice dish of OMFG, especially the ending.

Warning: spoilers below, please highlight the white space with your mouse to read them.

That ending. Cally being flushed out of the airlock by Tory. Wow. Until the very last moment, I thought it might turn out differently. I'll miss Cally.

Tory is turning out to be a seriously evil toaster. It makes me think that there may be a split brewing among the Galactica Cylons that will mirror what's going on with the other Cylons and their civil war.

I love the little reference to Star Trek: The Next Generation, the show where BSG developer/showrunner Ronald D. Moore began his television career as a writer, script editor and producer. Weapons Locker 1701D, indeed.

I'm always happy when original Apollo Richard Hatch and new Apollo Jamie Bamber share scenes together.

I really dislike Roslin. Good for Lee for making her squirm.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home