Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Final Crisis #7 summed up in two words: holy %$#& (insert the expletive of your choice).

You might recall that I was somewhat disappointed by the first two issues of this major event miniseries. Once writer Grant Morrison hit his stride in the third issue, it just got better and better, culminating in a mindblowing finale that only Morrison could have crafted, and one that exceeded all of my expectations. It's so wonderfully weird and cosmic.

Morrison is one mad bastard of a writer, and I mean that in an entirely positive way. I love his work (although it took me awhile to forgive him for killing off Jean Grey again). I've been a fan since his work on Animal Man in the late 1980s.

And, really, how can one not love a comic where Captain Carrot makes a cameo appearance?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home