Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Genesis of Doctor Who Collection - a must see for fans of the good Doctor, as the BBC has created a web archive of key documents detailing the development of the show just in time for the 45th anniversary of the first episode's broadcast on November 23rd.

Star Trek trailer - the official release, not a blurry bootleg. I saw it on the big screen yesterday before Quantum of Solace, and it looked even more awesome. Some of the potential violations of canon in the trailer annoy me a little, but I'll withhold judgment until I see the actual film.

The First Avenger: Captain America has a director attached: Joe Johnston. His directing credits include Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, Jumanji, Jurassic Park III, the upcoming Wolf Man remake, and, last but not least, the underrated 1991 retro superhero film The Rocketeer. It's that last film that makes me think he's a good choice to direct The First Avenger: Captain America. The screenplay is being written by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, co-writers of the first two Chronicles of Narnia films.

Josh Schwartz (creator of The O.C., Chuck, and Gossip Girl) has been hired to write the screenplay for the next X-Men film, which will focus on a younger team of mutants and will be called X-Men: First Class.

Has anyone reading this ever seen the French/Japanese anime-influenced animated series, Ōban Star-Racers? I've caught a half dozen or so episodes out of sequence on cable and I really like it. I need to get the DVDs and watch the entire series in order.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home