Monday, July 07, 2008

Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season Eight #16, "Time of Your Life, Part 1"

While I'm still not sold on continuing Buffy's story and I wasn't impressed by the previous issue, I feel much more optimistic after reading this issue. Now this? This I like.

From 2001-2003, Buffy creator Joss Whedon wrote an eight issue miniseries called Fray about a future Slayer in the 23rd century. Now Whedon serves up a long-awaited Buffy/Fray crossover with Fray artist Karl Moline along for the ride.

This is the Whedon style of writing that I love, and Moline's art is a big improvement over the cartoonish art of his predecessor, Georges Jeanty. My only complaint about the art here is that like Jeanty, Moline is apparently incapable of drawing Xander as anything other than pre-pubescent.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home